What is the Nomination Criteria?
- Nominees should either work, live, volunteer or be in education or training within the Crawley Borough. The only exception is for organisations or individuals based outside the area who work with, or provide a service to, Crawley residents.
- Multiple nominations can be made in different categories.
- You are welcome to nominate family members or friends.
- Data: We need contact information for both nominator and nominees in order to get in touch regarding the Awards and to issue invitations to those who are included in the final shortlist. This data will not be used for any other reason; shared with third parties or retained longer than needed beyond the event date.
- The event management team will advise if any additional information is required.
- There are no age limits for nominees.
- Nominations may be scrutinised for accuracy.
- Nominations must be made in writing, either through the link on the Nominations Tab; by email to email@example.com or in writing to Crawley Community Awards, Town Hall, The Boulevard, Crawley, RH10 1UZ
- All nominations must be received by the deadline, midnight, Sunday 28th January.
- Shortlisted nominees will be contacted by Monday 18th February.
- Any shortlisted nominees who accept an invitation to attend the Awards Presentation Evening agree to their names and images being shared either online or in print. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any concerns or wish to discuss.
How does the judging work?
- The judges will select a shortlist based on nominations along with any support information available.
- Nominees may be placed into alternative categories at the judges’ discretion.
- Nominations for previous nominees who did not make the final shortlist on previous years are welcome.
- Nominations for previous winners are welcome. Judges will look particularly for what previous winners have done since their last award which would make an additional award appropriate.
- Multiple nominations for a single nominee are welcome but will not necessarily affect the overall decision.
- The judges’ decision is final. Their deliberations will remain confidential and no correspondence will be entered into regarding decisions made.
- If any judge has a direct association with a nominee they will not take part in the decision making process for the relevant category.
- The judges are: Hawth General Manager, Dave Watmore; Community Worker, Katie Bennett; Head of Community Services for Crawley Borough Council, Christian Harris and Content Editor for the Crawley Observer, Tim Harris.
Who can attend the Awards Presentation Evening?
- Shortlisted nominees along with family, friends, supporters and those who nominated them will be invited to attend the Awards Presentation Evening at The Hawth on Monday 16th April at 7.00pm. The event is strictly by invitation only.
- Children are very welcome. Parents and carers will know best whether their children will be happy to remain seated for the duration of the event.
- Tickets are free of charge and can be sent by post or collected from the Box Office.
- We apologise but due to high numbers we are only able to make tickets available to shortlisted nominees and their supporters and those who nominated them.
What can we expect at the Awards Presentation Evening?
- Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start. The bar at the Hawth will be open from 6.00pm. The estimated running time is 90 minutes with no interval.
- In addition to the sixteen award presentations, there will be entertainment as the audience take their seats and between presentations.
- There is no seat allocation so audience members can choose their own seats
- Wheelchair spaces are limited so please email email@example.com to reserve a space.
- Limited disabled parking is available. Please advise if required.
- If anyone in your party requires assistance please advise so we can ensure we meet your needs. There are rows of seats which are accessible with either no steps or a single step and seats can be reserved for those requiring assistance.
- Photographs of the winners in each category will be emailed after the event free of charge. There will be an opportunity to take photographs with backdrops in the bar after the event.
- After the presentations are complete, there will be an After Party in the bar area with a selection of soft drinks and finger food provided free of charge with the compliments of The Hawth and drinks available to buy from the bar.
- Should you have any questions regarding any aspect of the event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Crawley Community Awards are organised by Patricia Slatter on behalf of Crawley Borough Council in association with The Hawth and The Crawley Observer with the support of Headline Sponsor London Gatwick Airport.
- Event support and floor management is provided by SBS Creative Media Services http://www.sbscreativeservices.co.uk
- Event Assistant: Lucy Drury