Nominations are now CLOSED
The Crawley Community Awards are organised by Crawley Borough Council in association with The Hawth and The Crawley Observer and supported by Headline Sponsor London Gatwick Airport and our business sponsors. The awards recognise and reward people who live, work, volunteer or study in the Crawley Borough who give up their time, talents and skills to help and support others in their community and those who have trained, worked and put all their efforts into making real achievements.
Thanks to everyone who submitted nominations for the 2023 Crawley Community Awards. All shortlisted nominees will be contacted by 5th June and invited to attend the Awards Presentation Evening at the Hawth in late June. If your nominee is not successful this year please try again in 2024. With more than 550 nominations for sixteen categories, judging is going to be particularly difficult this year.
Now in their eighth year, the Crawley Community Awards are hugely popular, attracting hundreds of nominations each year. This is a clear reflection of the wonderful community spirit that exists in Crawley and the appreciation that local people have for those who go the extra mile to make a difference in their community.
Nominations are invited for teams and individuals across sixteen different categories, representing everything from volunteering and charities through to education and sports. Nominators do not need to live in the Crawley District but nominees must either live, work, volunteer or study within the borough or provide a service open to Crawley residents outside the immediate area.
Over the past seven years, more than 2700 nominations have been received and 150 individuals and groups have received awards in recognition of their work in the Crawley Community.
Congratulations to our 2022 winners
- Support Group – The Easter Team https://www.theeasterteam.org/
- Education – Beth Hutchinson, Crawley College
- Culture – WORDFest Crawley https://www.wordfestcrawley.org/
- Volunteer – Angie Challis, St. Catherine’s Hospice
- Community Group – OneVoice Community Choir https://www.onevoicecrawley.org.uk/
- Fundraising – Willow Burnell and Amy Rees
- Community Champion – Natalie Campbell
- Volunteer Group – Crawley LGBT+ https://www.crawleylgbt.com/
- Charity – Ten Little Toes Baby Bank https://www.tenlittletoesbabybank.org/
- Sports Person – Katie-George Dunlevy
- Special Recognition – Anjels Hair & Beauty
- Performing Arts – Tony Molloy, Crawley Blues Club https://crawleyblues.vistaprintdigital.com/
- Inspiration – Martin Edridge, Fred’s Barbers
- Group Achievement – Alliance for Better Care Outreach Team
- Local Hero – Sean Orr, MenShare https://www.mensharelisteninggroup.co.uk/
- Sports Team – Crawley RFC https://www.crawleyrfc.com/