The Crawley Community Awards are organised by Crawley Borough Council in association with The Hawth and The Crawley Observer and supported by Headline Sponsor London Gatwick Airport. The awards recognise and reward people who live, work, volunteer or study in the Crawley District who give up their time, talents and skills to help and support others in their community and those who have trained, worked and put all their efforts into making real achievements.
NOMINATIONS DEADLINE – Midnight, 31st January 2020
Now in their fifth year, the Crawley Community Awards are hugely popular attracting hundreds of nominations each year. This is a clear reflection of the wonderful community spirit that exists in Crawley and the appreciation that local people have for those who go the extra mile to make a difference to their community.
Nominations were invited for teams and individuals across sixteen different categories representing everything from volunteering and charities through to education and sports. Nominators do not need to live in the Crawley District but nominees must either live, work, volunteer or study within the district or provide a service open to Crawley residents outside the immediate area.
Over the past four years, more than 1200 nominations have been received but there was only space for 70 winners. This year, we are actively encouraging those who have nominated before but been unsuccessful to try again in our fifth year. Judges have had to make some very difficult decisions over the past years and so many really wonderful nominations could not make the final cut. The judges are keen to be able to consider those nominations for the 2020 event alongside new nominations which are of course equally welcome.
Shortlisted nominees were invited to attend the Awards Presentation Evening at The Hawth in March. Winners were presented with a trophy and framed certificate.
Should you have any questions please email email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2019 winners:
- Support Group : Refugees Welcome – Crawley
- Local Hero : Jane Green, Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Community Group : CanDo@K2
- Culture : Crawley Museum
- Sports Team : Hawth Gymnastics Senior Men
- Sports Person : Peter Bennett, Crawley Athletics Club
- Special Recognition : Christopher Oakley & Stuart Adesilu
- Performing Arts : Wimbledon Palais Ukulele Band
- Education: Anne Woodburn, Bewbush Academy
- Charity : Greenaway Residential Foundation
- Volunteer : Dennis Murray, St. Catherine’s Hospice
- Volunteer Group : Young Leaders, Oriel Youth Club
- Pride of Crawley : Gareth Southgate, England Football Manager
- Achievement : Marilyn Drury, The Olive Tree, Crawley Hospital
- Group Achievement : Young Crawley
- Inspiration : Ben Hulme, Bootcamps
- Fundraising : The Mark Lay Foundation